Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Debut: Jamie Figari Design Custom Floral

I am excited to share a few of my custom floral arrangements.  I started making arrangements on a fluke.  I have always loved orchids, but am always disappointed by the arrangements at the department stores.  Not only are they usually very artificial looking, they are severely overpriced.  I  would love to fill my house every week with real flower bunches, but it becomes very expensive.

The first arrangement I created was a three-stem orchid planter.  I found the beautiful brass bowl at a vintage store in Austin while shopping with mom.  I fell in love with the bowl right away, and knew exactly what I would do with it when I got it home.  The arrangement turned out so well that I started making a few more, until soon after, my house was full of flowers!  



I love the creative process of making floral arrangements.  I can start out with one idea, but when I start putting something together, it often takes on a new direction.

I have hand-selected each flower to ensure each stem is as realistic as possible. I want people to look two or three times at the flowers to see if they are real. Another aspect that makes my arrangements truly unique is the container.  I scour thrift stores and vintage shops looking for one-of-a-kind vases that can be upcycled into planters for my flowers.  This orchid is perfect example of a thrift store find that has been transformed into a pretty flower pot.


This is a tulip arrangement that I created for a more contemporary look.  I wanted to do something a little different than what you normally would see in a store.  I think this would look lovely on a nightstand in a bedroom, or up against a mirror in an entryway.  The curly willow and the gray pebbles give it a fresh and modern look.  


Please contact me if you are interested in having a custom arrangement made for your home or office, or if you are interested in an item featured in this blog.  Both the single orchid and the tulip arrangement are available, and I can ship anywhere in the U.S. I can create a custom arrangement to suit any decor ranging from traditional to contemporary.  

This is just the beginning.  I am constantly creating new pieces each week, and can't wait to share them with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment